August 26, 2013

To All The Girls I've Ever Loved...

This is about all the girls I’ve ever loved beginning December 6, 1968. Well, it really started in May of that same year. I was working night shift at an Exxon service station (real service, oil checking, window washing and all) and one evening a car pulled in for fuel. When I went to the window to ask what I could do for the customer, there SHE was. She was a 15 year old high school student in my hometown. In such a small town with such a small high school, how could I have ever missed her? Maybe I was looking for an older woman. Anyway, it was love at first sight. OK. Maybe it was lust, but whatever, I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I wanted to sleep in her bed and I wanted her to have my children. Well, the bed sleeping part and children bearing part didn’t start then, but I asked if I could see her again. Much to my surprise, she said yes.  We started dating and I could not go a day without seeing her. She was in my thoughts continually. I wanted to marry her, but she was just 15 years old and an only child. We dated for about 6 months and then I popped the question. She said yes again. We then went to work on her parents. I remember having supper with them every night for 3 months and I am sure they felt the only way to stop me from eating with them everyday was to give me their daughter in marriage. It worked!  On December 6, 1968 we were married.  I have slept in her bed now for almost 45 years and she still excites me. She has given me 3 wonderful children and has done a fantastic job in raising them. That leads to the other women in my life that I will always love—Amy, our oldest daughter, and Marlie, our youngest, and Trish my daughter-in-law. Then there is Lauren, Lenzy, and Chloe my precious granddaughters. How can a man be so blessed? Anyway, I am, and I rejoice for these loves of my life.

No comments: