October 17, 2011

A Cardinal is just a noisy red bird...

I don't want to make a big deal out of the upcoming World Series. I want to be fair and non-bias. I am sure you who know me believe this. To be honest, I'm not even an avid baseball fan. I usually tune in during the play-offs right before the championship.

Now I don't want anyone to take what I'm going to say all wrong. I don't hate the Cardinals. I have nothing whatsoever against the Cardinals. A Cardinal to me is just a beautiful red bird that makes a lot of noise.

But there is something about me I would like for you to know. I am a God loving, God fearing man. I love God, my family, my many friends, the USA, and last but not least the Republic of Texas. I root for every Texas person or team who is competing with anyone outside of Texas. If two Texas teams are competing against each other I flip a coin (unless I have a dog in the hunt = a bet)(either way I win) to choose my Texas team of the day.

I have difficulty understanding how a Texan can root for another team who is playing a Texas team. I know this happens and I am sure there are many good reasons one could give. I just said, "I don't understand it."

So my friends, as the World Series begins tomorrow, I hope you'll sit back and enjoy and root for the team of your choice. GO TEXAS RANGERS!!!

No comments: